Fox Statues



Back when I was in Japan I made the drawing at the top after I’d visited Fushimi Inari, where there are lots of fox statues as they are they associated with the deity of the shrine. After watching Totoro and deciding that I might want to feature a character in my drawings I returned to the fox statues. They are a symbol of Japanese cultures and since they are related to gods they could serve as a role of protector, so they could protect the nature. Also foxes are quite a Japanese animal so they would be good to feature to make the project and drawings obviously about Japan. I drew various statues and decided to go with one of the more simple ones. The drawings of the statues on their own are quite boring, especially as they are drawings of statues. When reflecting on the cherry blossom drawings I wanted to try to create a feeling of movement, and in the previous project ‘Reading the Signs’ I tried out stop motion animation. This all gave me an idea to try animating the fox statues to move. I want to try to animate it digitally, as this would be a quicker and easier way of experimenting than trying to do it in stop animation. 

Comments

Popular Posts