The Book






Above is the final outcome of the book. I drew the forest scrolling across all the pages, to show that the story was all taking place in the same forest, and that for the most part it wasn’t a linear story, that all these events were related in the fact that global warming caused them, but some of the characters didn’t know or interact with each other.

I wasn’t very pleased with this outcome. I lost the meaning with the colour scheme because I was just trying to make something that looked nice, that I could be proud of. I was concentrating so hard on this that I think I lost the point of trying to communicate the story. Yes the images look like what I wanted them to look like, but upon reflection the book doesn’t tell any story at all really. This made me realise that without the poem alongside the images, it would be very hard to make the meaning obvious. I wanted to try telling the story again, but in a way that is more up to interpretation, and just using the characters as a base point. I also forgot the whole poking of the colour scheme, that the orange was meant to represent anger, and the things that humans were changing with global warming. 

Comments

Popular Posts