Twitch Commission

Here is a commission I did for a friend's Twitch channel. This was also the first piece of art I did digitally  on my iPad using a program called Autodesk Sketchbook. It was a really good way to experiment and learn how to draw and colour digitally. I am pleased with the line work, because just drawing lines digitally isn't too different to drawing on paper. I used a reference photo and drew it exactly as I saw it, as this is what the client wanted.

The colouring is less good, as I had no idea how to colour digitally. I got to experiment with different brushes, and ultimately even though the colouring looks nice I can definitely see where it could be improved now. The shading was also very time consuming because I was learning as I went. If I was doing another piece like this again I would now know how to shade in a more efficient way, and the more digital pieces I do the more I will learn.

Comments

Popular Posts