Revisitng Blind Drawings

I went back to the book I'd made of blind drawings and picked out two other characters and redrew them in my sketchbook. I think the hooded guy with a mustache is worth experimenting further with, but not the other character. Although I think it looks effective and interesting as a blind drawing, after redrawing it I think it would be better to just stay as the original drawing because when trying to recreate it it becomes messy and confusing. It doesn't communicate effectively with the audience.
I took the night character and, a like the other character in my previous post, drew it in fine liner with cross hatching as this is my favourite way of working. It is a bold character and is clear as to what it is supposed to be. However I think the image is boring and doesn't evoke any emotion, which is what I like about the other character so much.
I tried to make it more interesting by using colour and overlapping to create a pattern. Still again I just think it is a boring image. Perhaps this is because I don't personally feel anything towards the character or medieval theme. I think this comes out in the image making, and therefore wouldn't be exciting or interesting to the viewer.



Comments

Popular Posts