Sequence of Drawings






I decided that I would make a sequence out of the concepts I’d come up with and turn them into a book. I’d just had a book binding introduction session, so wanted to utilise one of the fold out books I’d made. I also thought this would be the easiest and most effective way to communicate the story I was telling. I wanted to use this method rather than a more abstract way of telling the story as I really wanted the audience to understand the message I was trying to get across, as I think it is very important.

These pages are me trying to figure out how I would draw the book. I stuck with Bessa’s colour scheme as I still thought it was effective, and couldn’t figure out a different way to communicate that it was night. I tried to play around with the colour scheme a bit in the drawings if the monkeys, but thought the monkey character was only the focus point when it was coloured in orange. I used the orange colour to represent anger, and the orange also showed what humans were changing with global warming. 

I decided to go back to shading the trees with lines, as I thought this would bring back a depth to the drawing.

In the final sketchbook picture I settled on using watercolour, as this was the medium I was most comfortable with. I made the background dark, using a similar colour to the trees, as it gives the piece a dark, feelings which fits with the poem. I also added shading to the monkey, which again was good as it added detail and depth.

Comments

Popular Posts