Self Directed Conclusion

Overall I’m very happy with how the self directed project went for me. It was a very personal project to me, and brought me a lot of joy and peace during the strange time we are all living through at the moment. Creating and watching the animation reminds me of being in Japan, which just makes me so happy, and reminds me of a time when the world wasn’t so crazy.

I also had a great time with the project as well. Usually I get very in my head about projects, and don’t enjoy them very much because I’m trying to create the best work I possibly can. This project allowed me to let that go a bit, because I was doing it on something I truly love, and also because I tried out animation for the first time. Animation didn’t allow me to make precise, beautiful work, especially as I’d never done it before. I enjoyed rotoscoping and animation way more than I thought I would, and I definitely want to use it in the future. I’m really happy that I taught myself a new technique and way to illustrate.

I think the animation itself is successful in conveying the message I wanted it to. There are definitely ways it could be improved, for example by adding more detail, more plants to symbolise nature as a whole more, and just making it longer to add to the story. However I am pleased with what I did in the time given, especially as I was learning how to animate for the first time. I’m excited to do more rotoscoping, and improve my skills with it, in the future!

Comments

Popular Posts