Fox Rotoscoping




I managed to find some fox stock footage to rotoscope. Again I animated roughly 50 layers, and then duplicated them backwards in order to create a looping animation. Again this was very time consuming, but I think the end result is worth it. I think the precisely drawn fox fits well over the static, more abstract background of the cherry blossoms. I also think the combination of analogue and digital create interesting variations in texture and style. The block colouring of the fox would be boring without the abstract background, but I needed to colour the fox a flat grey to mimic the fox statue.

I’m very pleased with this animation, but it doesn’t really convey the message or story I wanted to get across. I plan to add onto this animation with a separate animation, and link the two with some sort of transition. I don’t want to do a completely new animation because this one was so time consuming, and it also looks good. It could also serve the purpose of setting the scene before the story unfolds.

Comments

Popular Posts