Chris Shepherd




Whilst thinking about starting my second animation I found Chris Shepherd’s animations. I was especially drawn to and inspired by one titled “Who I Am and What I Want”. I liked it because the drawing style was so simple, yet it is still able to tell a story well. What I learnt from it is that an animation doesn’t have to be super detailed to effectively set a scene, and that there is charm with simple animation. I wanted to take this into my animation because I was already doing simple line work, but if I did it more on purpose I think it would look better. It also gave me confidence in the fact that I wasn’t planning on creating an elaborate background, confidence that I would still be able to set a scene effectively.

I also really liked his use of transitions in the first few seconds of the animation. The ‘camera’ moves all over the place to various scenes, but it isn’t confusing or hard to follow because there is always a subject or character that you follow between the scenes. This helped me get the idea to have a cherry blossom flower falling be the transitions between my two animations.

Comments

Popular Posts