Cherry Blossoms




After doing the previous nature drawings I started worrying about how to make it obvious that the project is about Japanese nature, and not nature in general. Cherry blossoms are quite a well known symbol of Japan, so I decided to look at and draw lots of them. Again I used ink and coloured pencil. After doing the first 2 drawings I decided to try making it a pattern. I made the second one by accidentally closing my book while it was wet. I really like this effect, it makes for an abstract pattern with varying tone, and again the addition of coloured pencil adds detail to show what the drawing is actually of. These would make nice backgrounds. Also the layering of the flowers kind of looks like they’re falling from a tree, which brings the drawing to life a bit. I want to try creating the feeling of movement more, because nature is alive and it would be good to translate this into the art.

Comments

Popular Posts