Tears- Inktober








Here is a piece I did for the first day of Inktober, which I didn't manage to carry on because I started Uni in the month of October. The first few photos I took as reference specifically for this piece after doing some initial sketches. I didn't light the reference photos properly because I just wanted to get references for what the hands and eyes look like. As with most of my own reference photos I could improve them by lighting it properly, and thinking in advance how I want to shade it to know where to put the light source.

As the drawing was for Inktober it is just basically line art. I really enjoyed doing this piece as I hadn't drawn anything human for quite a while, when that is usually the subject of my art. The thick black shading is very bold and effective, so I think the piece could be improved by adding more shading, and perhaps removing the cross hatching. Also I definitely could have drawn the hand bigger, to allow the eyes to be drawn bigger, as they definitely get lost within the drawing. This is definitely something I would want to change as the eyes were meant to be the main focus of the piece. Also even though I didn't want to work on the colouring in this piece because it was for Inktober, it would be improved by filling the hand with a block colour to make it stand out from the background.

Comments

Popular Posts