Princess Mononoke Studies

Above is my second piece of digital art. After doing the Twitch commission I really wanted to explore digital art more, so when watching the film Princess Mononoke one day I decided to do some character studies from it. Through this I definitely learnt how to use the program better, and now am starting to have a feel for which brushes I like. I also practiced using layers more, and now I definitely understand how to use them properly.

To take my understanding of digital art further I'd like to start creating whole scenes with backgrounds. I didn't do this with this piece because I just wanted to practice drawing characters. I really enjoyed doing this shading, especially on the girl with the mask. Again it definitely broadened my understanding of how to shade digitally, including how to pick the right colours and brushes.

Comments

Popular Posts