DTIY

This is a piece I did from a Draw This In Your Style challenge by @milktu_ on Instagram. I did this at the end of November because I put a lot of pressure to make good work for the Uni projects, and I just wanted to create something in my spare time that would be more freeing and less pressurized. This is also why I chose to do a DTIY, so I didn't have to think about character creation too much, it was more relaxing to interpret someone else's own character. Doing this piece brought some enjoyment back to art that I had started to lose by putting too much pressure on myself for Uni projects.

Overall I think the piece turned out well. I found it useful to experiment with water colour, as I had done in College. It reminded me how much I love working in this medium, and I plan to bring this back into my Uni work. I would improve this piece by putting more work into the lines. It would benefit to think about my quality of line more, and would bring a more detailed and refined look to the piece, which I think would match the colouring.

Also I learnt that I should put more effort into the way I photograph a finished piece of art. I edited this photo quite a lot to bring the brightness up and take out the warm tones. After taking this photograph I bought myself a cheap white light to better light photographs of my art. This would do the piece of art I created the justice it deserves. I could take this one step further and start scanning my art, so there are no shadows and the image doesn't become warped because of a bend in paper. This would be especially useful when capturing watercolour pieces because the paper does tend to warp with this medium.

Comments

Popular Posts