Life Drawing








Here are some photos of drawings I did during a Uni life drawing session. The first 5 were drawn on a whiteboard to make a sequence as the models moved. They were very quick drawings, so I'm happy that I managed to make the drawings look like two humans. The other drawings had a longer time limit, so it was useful to practice drawing from eye.

I found that drawing from life was beneficial because I was forced to draw what was in front of me. I most practice drawing from pictures, which is still good, but it does mean I can be more selective with what I am drawing. With drawing from life I had to draw all the parts that I would usually be apprehensive to draw because it's complicated, for example the paper strips coming off the hat in the last picture. It was also a very freeing exercise because when the models changed I would have to move onto the next drawing. I couldn't be a perfectionist about how I drew different parts. This is also why I used mostly charcoal, as I can't rub that out.

Comments

Popular Posts