Photo Dump






























These are the photos I took as research for the Investigation and Inspiration slides project. I went to a local park as this is my closest green space within the city, as this is what my project was about. I wanted to capture not only the nature in general, but also how it's being effected because it's in the city, as opposed to if I'd taken photos of nature in the wild. Some of the ways I found that humans had effected the nature is as follows.

The first couple of photos I took on the way to the park. Nature finds a way to grow around man made structures, as is evident in the photos of plants growing through gaps in the pavement. I think this is interesting to look at because even when you're not in a designated green space, you are still surrounded by nature within the city. Also no matter how much we take over land with man made structures nature will find a way to fight back.

A few pictures down from those are some photos of pollution in the pond within the park. Pollution is one of the main ways man is effecting nature in a negative way. Through carelessness we pollute anything around us, which includes just throwing rubbish into near by water, or leaving rubbish on the ground which in turn ends up in natural water. Although my research within this project found that nature in the city is useful for humans, humans are also harming the nature around them. This slowly destroys the nature, so we are taking it away from ourselves.

There are many other ways that humans are effecting nature, which is sad because green spaces and being around nature in general is very important for human beings.

Comments

Popular Posts