Let There Be Light Conclusion

To conclude this project I'm not overly pleased with either of my final posters, but I did learn a lot from this project.

I am pleased that I used the digital poster to learn photoshop, but next time I know that I should at least draw out some initial poster designs before trying to design them digitally because it's time consuming, especially while I'm still learning the program.

I definitely struggled with this project because I don't use photography very much, and didn't really enjoy photographing the objects. It was useful to learn how to use a DSLR camera, because even though I don't like making pieces of art from photographs, I do use photography to capture reference photos and help with initial ideas. Therefore I can take what I've learnt in this photography project forward into future projects, and maybe I should try to use photography as a tool more. I've never really enjoyed photography as art, so that has stopped me from actually trying to do any. This project was good for me as it got me out of my comfort zone, and even though I had a very hard time with it I do understand the usefulness of photography in illustration more. My favourite photos I produced were the ones I used for the posters. They are good backgrounds, so in the future I should consider using photography as backgrounds for my hand drawn illustrations.

Comments

Popular Posts