Final Outcome- Digital

Above is one of the two posters I made as a final outcome for the LTBL project. I created it using Photoshop, which was my first time using the program after having a lesson on it. I am unhappy with the final outcome as I don't think it looks like a professional poster at all. The image I found of the black light bulb outline is very low quality because I made it much bigger than the original. I should have kept in mind how big I wanted to make the outline om the design when finding the image on the internet. Another reason why this isn't a professional looking poster is because of the text. I don't like the font style, but when designing the poster I couldn't find a font that I think suited well. I think this is because I didn't have any real plan for where to put the text. I knew that I wanted to position it at the bottom of the bulb, to create the rest of the image, but I didn't actually sketch out any initial designs. Also because it was my first time using photoshop learning how to do the things I wanted to took so much time, so because I had to create the poster in 1 day I ran out of time to experiment with layout.

The images I used are my own photographs from a previous studio session. I do like the two photographs together, but again I could have experimented further with different photographs, to see if they would have looked better. Ultimately I didn't design the poster very well, and didn't think through what the end result would look like. However I haven't worked digitally very much in the past, so I used the task of creating a poster digitally to explore photoshop since it is a program I'm interested in learning. I think I successfully did this, as I learnt how to do specific things like cutting out the light bulb shape from my own photo and making parts of an image transparent by looking up tutorials online and asking my tutors. I hope to take this knowledge onto other digital projects in the future, so that I will be able to keep learning. Hopefully one day I'll be able to create work that I'm happy with in photoshop, or be able to use the program as a tool to improve my analogue work.

Comments

Popular Posts