Drawing Upon Inspiration- Conclusion

Overall I think the final outcome is visually pleasing, and has the desired emotional feel to it. I do wish I had spent more time on the book, and had done mock ups of it. This would have helped with layout, and I would have discovered some of the changes I wish i had made, e.g. the addition of text as mentioned previously.

I have time to do this because I really struggled with this project at the beginning. It was the first set uni project so I put a lot of pressure on myself to make something 'good'. After having a 121 tutorial I was reminded to just do what I enjoyed, and to have fun with experimenting, rather than being scared of creating something that was bad. I put too much focus on creating something to be proud of, something that my tutors would like. I also reminded myself to not compare myself to what other students were doing. This resulted in doing simple drawings, which is something I don't usually do. But I did find this very freeing, and I should take this forward into future projects. Being an illustrator doesn't mean every piece has to be a detailed masterpiece done in fine liner. One of my favourite ways of working is blind drawing, but before I haven't felt that this method is worthy of a final piece. With this project I managed to prove my past self wrong, and have learnt from this.

Comments

Popular Posts