Tanuki Animation




Here is the animation I ended up making from the tanuki sketches. To make it quick I imported a photo of the sketches I’d made and traced over them. I’m not very happy with the end result, but it is a good place to start. I want to spend more time on the placement of the characters, and add more. I think it would also look better to actually animate the drawings, just like I did with the fox statue animation. This would bring the characters to life.
Also I want to create different backgrounds, rather than just using the same cherry blossom one over and over. Also I want to use different Japanese flowers, as the project is about all kinds of Japanese nature. I also haven’t put any man made structures into the project yet, so I think I’ll return to the drawings I made at the beginning of the project of tori gates, and see if I can fit them in somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts