Reading The Signs Introduction

For the Reading The Signs project I chose to do Brief 2: Language. I chose to explore poetry, more specifically I chose to do my project on a song/ spoken language piece by a band called Sikth. The piece is called “When Will the Forest Speak?”. It is about humanity destroying the planet, and more specifically the bosses of big corporations and politicians ignoring the global warming crisis. I chose this as the topic is something I am passionate about, and I wanted to spread the message to an audience. Also the poem itself includes a lot of interesting metaphors that paint a picture quite nicely. I thought it would be interesting to see how I could translate this visually.

I started the project by annotating the poem, and picking out the parts that I thought would translate well visually. I will include some of the quotes with my annotations below.



Since the poem is very long I decided to start by focusing on the beginning. 

Comments

Popular Posts