More Sketches



I made some more sketches of lines later in the story. These are just literal representations of the writing, I think it would’ve been better if I’d tried to experiment with each of the motives more, for example dedicating a few sketch pages to each element like the monkey. I was overwhelmed with how long the poem was though, so I was trying to get through all the parts of the story quickly.

I realised I was overwhelmed, so I returned to the first few lines that I’d drawn on previous pages. At this point in the project I knew what I wanted to draw, but I wanted to figure out the best way to draw them, and what kind of feel I wanted to give the drawings. The poem is dark and harrowing, so I wanted to translate this in my drawings. The best drawing out of the three groups of trees is the one on the right because the trees look the most dead here. The shading with varying thickness of lines makes it obvious that the trees are black and burnt, but it also gives the drawing depth. I did however only try using fine liner and coloured pencil, so I plan to experiment with different mediums to see what kind of effect they will have to the story.

Comments

Popular Posts