Blooming Flowers







The remaining element I had to do was the flowers that would bloom at the end of the animation. For this I also returned to previous sketches, and found one I really liked of a flower I’d drawn I ink, and the drawings one blind drawing over the top. I found my pictures of this flower, and did some more initial sketches.

This time I decided to draw the flowers digitally, as it would be easier to animate them growing into frame, as I’d drawn in my story board. I decided to use pink and brown to colour them as the pink would tie in nicely with the cherry blossom in the background, and brown is a good colour to symbolise nature and earthly things.

At this point in the project I was very aware of how much time I had left, so after I’d drawn two sets of flowers, I just duplicated them to get them to cover the screen, as I wanted them to do at the end of the animation. This was an effective way of saving time, and you can’t tell that it’s mostly the same drawing repeated. I then quickly tried to animate the flowers growing by rubbing out parts of the flower at a time. I didn’t think this would work well, but I was trying to do it for a quick experiment. It actually turned out to look exactly as I wanted it, and quite natural, so I kept it in.

Comments

Popular Posts