Self Directed Project beginning


Whilst on holiday in Japan I would make small sketches from photos I’d taken during the day. This ended up being the start of my self directed project, since I decided to do it on Japan. Above are just a few sketches I chose to show. Looking back on them I realise that I mostly drew nature and objects found within shrines, and whilst out there I was definitely drawn to these two subjects the most. This partly informed my decision to make the self directed project revolve around nature and man made structures like shrines and temples. Throughout the project I plan to return to these sketches, as they are good inspiration not only for what to draw, but the drawings themselves also remind me of how I felt in Japan. These were feelings of calm, peace  and wonder, all of which I want to convey in my project.

Comments

Popular Posts