Emma Stibbon Drawing Workshop



These are pictures of the two drawings I create during Emma Stibbon’s drawing workshop. I tried to utilise most of the methods Emma taught to us during the workshop.

I really enjoyed using ink, as I used to use it a lot a few years ago, but for some reason had never returned to it. I definitely learnt a lot of new techniques for using ink. I’d never thought about using tools other than a brush or dip pen with ink, so using a Piece of bamboo and a Japanese calligraphy brush gave me lots of new ideas and ways to create marks. I also learnt the importance of thinning the ink to create areas of light and dark. I’d tried this before but not with a great amount of time or patience, I will definitely take this technique and the others I learnt forward to future projects. I do really want to ring using ink back into my work.

Comments

Popular Posts