Project Beginnings

To begin the Drawing Upon Inspiration project I did lots of drawings from the magazine I'd been given because I wasn't entirely sure which direction I wanted to take the project in. Although I'm not overly happy with any of these initial drawings they were certainly successful ways of generating ideas. The criticism I would give myself is that I spend a long time on a lot of the drawings, because I was trying to make finished, polished work from the get go. This ended up being very time consuming, which I regret now because I could have used that time to further draw and develop the character I created and ended up being the main feature of my final piece. The most successful bit of experimentation I did in the early stages of the project was the small bit of collage. This was just as good at generating ideas as the more detailed drawing, but took a lot less time.

Comments

Popular Posts